Thursday, February 18, 2010

{ THE BACHELOR: Getting Loose in Saint Lucia }

Sorry this is so late...again. Quite frankly, I just wasn't feelin' The Bachelor this week. And to be honest, there have been plenty of other good and worthwhile things happening in my life that I'd much rather talk about than some idiot named Jake who has obviously fallen in love with a raccoon by the name of Vienna. Barf.

Anyway, on to some more worthwhile things. (If you want to stop reading now I'll understand. I'm done talking about The Bachelor. Sorry.) Did you know it was 80 degrees in Southern California this week? That's right. While my friends in DC spent the week snowed in, I spent the week laying out by the pool. And I've got the tan lines to prove it. Woot! Woot!

I'd like to dedicate the next few sentence to my uh-mazing friends for helping me get this flower bizz up and going. Your referrals just keep coming left and right. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I officially have 10 weddings for 2010...and hopefully many, many more! So keep sending your friends, family, co-workers, and the-girl-you-met-in-line-at-the-supermarket-who-just-got-engaged my way!

The roommies and I got a new (well, new to us via craigslist) side-by-side ref/frz this week...that actually makes ice AND has a freezer that freezes things! How amazing is that? Since I've lived here we haven't had a working freezer. That's right. No ice cream people!!! Probably a good thing. But anyway, we came downstairs one day and the whole thing was dead. Fried! And smelly! So, we found a new fridge, bought it, borrowed a truck, called in some man-power. And voila!

I was up late Tuesday night, sicker than sick. So I decided to finally plug in the flat screen and DVD player that had been sitting on my dresser since I moved into my room in October. So at 2:00am I put in Pride & Prejudice (the new Keira Knightley version) which is hands down my all time favorite movie and silently weeped as I longed for a Mr. Darcy of my own. And of course coveted the dresses. OH THOSE DRESSES! I just love that movie!

Today was incredible! I spent the afternoon with my BFF Em at the LA temple. Did you know she and I met while at the MTC in Provo? She served in the hot south, while I was shipped off to the cold north and eventually we both made it back to the moderate temperatures of Southern California. Cute, right? Anyway, after our wonderful day in LA we stopped for some lunch at Five Guys. My fave burger joint ever! Oh, and did you know Cadbury mini-eggs are back on the shelves for Easter? Picked up a bag after lunch and pretty much demolished the entire thing while we sat in traffic and talked about our depressing love lives, or lack thereof.

Well, that's all I got for now. I'm sorry if you opened up your Google Reader thinking you were going to find some ridiculous rant about The Bachelor. I'm sorry, but it's Jake's fault for being so boring, slutty, and well, boring! I hope next week's "Women Tell All" gives me a little more to work with. Who am I kidding? Crazy Michelle's coming back. Get ready for some drama!

4 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Oh the MAN drama! What can I say! Boo for Jake!
I hope you are feeling better - 'cuz your favorite little man is coming to town to night for a whole week!!! We get to kiss all over little D this wee! Come and play!

IzeOfLight said...

I love your raccoon nickname for Vienna. It's perfect, both literally and metaphorically. =) (you know, how they're nasty, mean little critters that are always in your garbage and have sharp claws)

I LOVE that Pride & Prejudice, too. One of my faves.

Rolph Family said...

I look forward to reading your posts, they make me smile. :) I just tried five guys for the first time a couple of weeks ago. They have them in St. Louis. It was good! Thank goodness there is somewhere decent here to get a burger now, before your pick was McDonalds or Carls Jr. (Hardees) Blah!

Bracken and Bracken said...

'Bout sums it up!! Can't wait for next week, I'm sure it will be a huge improvement on last weeks :) And mostly, I'm excited to watch it with you!! Yeah for being in CA again :)