Sunday, April 11, 2010

{ A GardenWalk Birthday }

Met up with my sweet friend Amy this weekend at the Gardenwalk for dinner. It was her 27th birthday and her darling fiance surprised her with a trip to Disneyland to see me! Well, not really to see me, but I know she was excited to see me! Right, Amy?

Amy and I met back in 2003 when I worked at Papyrus in Provo, Utah. She was actually my assistant manager there and I still remember to this day why she said I got the job. "I really liked your cute shirt!" she told me. Haha! I guess it really does pay to be fashionable.

Aside from loving my clothes, over the years Amy has always made it a point to text me every so often just to tell me she loves me or is thinking about me. Who does that! She even wrote me the entire 18 months of my mission to Canada. Girl's a rockstar!

Just this past weekend she sent me a text to let me know she was watching my church's General Conference on television and how much she loved it and that it made her think of me. She truly has such a heart of gold! I am a better person for knowing her. Love you Amy! Happy Birthday my darling friend!

6 comments:

Kim Messick said...

What a sweet heart! I like her and I don't think I've ever met her! :)

Sarah said...

Hi,
I love your blog! Your flowers arrangements are beautiful.
I have never left a comment before, but I LOVE your shoes in this photo, totally in love.
any information you can share about them, would be great! Thank you!

Your sense of style is great.

have a great day.

Aubrey Messick said...

Sarah,

You are too sweet! Thanks for loving my blog, my flowers, AND my shoes! :)

Sadly, I bought these shoes last season from Banana Republic and I've scowered the web for you, but found nothing. They're a taupe patent leather if you want to try googling that. Or sometimes I find similar styles at piperlime.com.

Best of luck to you in your quest for cute shoes!!! And don't be a stranger to the blog.

xoxo

Kali said...

Hey miss Aubrey! Its Allie's and Lauren's old roomie, Kali. Came across your blog and now you have me hooked. You are quite the floral designer. But you probably already knew that! Where were you when I needed my wedding flowers arranged?? Not on the separate continent I call home, obviously, or I would have booked you! ANd of course you look absolutely fab in every photo. You are an inspiration to this post-baby-fashion-challenged mom. Your blog brightens my day.

Kali said...

If you are interested in taking a gander over at my blog shoot me an email at kaliponder@gmail.com and I will send you an invite. :)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much Aubrey! I would definitely check elsewhere!

:)