Thursday, April 29, 2010

{ Travel Is My Boyfriend }

Last week I booked a ticket to visit my friend Karen in Vancouver, Canada over Memorial Day weekend. I've never been to British Columbia but I've heard nothing but incredible things about it. The plan is to hit 4 cities in 4 days: Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver, and Whistler. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited for my little adventure. Here's the tentative itinerary Karen sent me. The girl's got me doing back flips I'm so happy!!!

FRIDAY: dinner in Seattle, also Jo might throw a party at her grandma’s house, it’s amazing. (Jo is the friend we'll be staying with in Seattle)


SATURDAY: get up early, go to the Pike Place market, perhaps the gum wall, etc. From here we could take a ferry to Victoria, go to the gardens, stay the night with my brother, have him show us something citywise for dinner, etc.SUNDAY: ferry to Vancouver, bike ride around Stanley Park seawall, go to the Granville Island market, dinner somewhere fabulous

MONDAY: daytrip to Whistler (we could go zip lining or bungee jumping, or just explore the village which is a ton of fun, and lots of great dance clubs in Whistler, drive back to Vancouver Monday night)

TUESDAY: flight out!

How bad do I wish I was in Canada RIGHT NOW! Alas, I have 4 more weddings to do before the end of May. I'm pretty sure I'll be needing a vaca real bad by then. BC, hope you're ready for me!

4 comments:

nerak said...

I hope we can fit it all in logistically! Oh man, this is going to be a whirlwind adventure! I'm excited you're coming!

Christa Jeanne said...

WOW - what a busy weekend!!! Oh, how I LOVE the Pacific Northwest. I was just in Seattle last weekend to visit my brother, and each time I'm up there, I never want to leave. It's so lush and gorgeous, and it's got such a cool, laidback vibe. Pike Place is awesome - be sure to pop into the original Starbucks there for some cocoa. I've never been to all that Canada fun stuff and can't wait to hear how it is!

And seriously, Aubs, how much do I love this post's title?! That's the mode I'm in, too. Traveling is AMAZING - and now is the time to do it!!! I've been home to CA a few times since leaving, plus Seattle, and I've got trips planned to Denver, Yellowstone, St. Louis, San Francisco, Atlanta and hopefully Chicago or DC in the next 18 months. It's too much fun!!!

Diane CaƱate said...

I was just in Vancouver, BC for the Olympics. Whatever you do, get yourself over to Cafe Medina for brunch and have a waffle (try all the sauces!) and cassoulet. We went there twice and to it's sister restaurant, which is next door, Chambar. Seriously...promise me you'll go!

melissa said...

ahhhhhhhhhh the buttchart gardens are AMAZING! don't forget your camera!!