Saturday, May 15, 2010

{ Making Something With "The Leftovers" }

Let me tell you a story about a dinner appointment I had on my mission nearly 6 years ago. It was during a time when I was serving in a very rural part of Minnesota (think one farmhouse every 5 miles). In this small town there lived a sweet old lady who invited my companion and I over for "supper." While we sat and talked, she began telling us about the meal she had prepared for us. She told of how she had tons and tons of fruits, veggies, and other leftovers in her fridge, so she decided to make a lasagna with everything (and anything!) she had. Let's just say it was the most interesting thing I've ever tasted. There were mushrooms, celery, peppers, onions, eggs (Yes, eggs!), and several other "leftover" ingredients.

So why am I telling you this strange story about a weird meal I ate on my mission? I'm not quite sure, other than the fact that when I was cleaning up from my double-wedding-weekend, I figured I better do something with all "the leftovers." Kind of like that "special" lasagna I had all those years ago. Awe, the memories!

And stay tuned for wedding pictures galore. It was a busy, busy weekend my friends! Au revoir.

2 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

funny story. pretty flowers.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

so gorgeous! i love these.