Tuesday, May 4, 2010

{ Surfing or Seminary? }

I've always felt so blessed to be a member of the The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints and to have a testimony of the restored gospel, much of which was founded upon the teachings of my youth. As a teenager I had the opportunity to attend an early morning scripture study program called seminary held each morning before High School. And as crazy as this might sound, I never missed a day. Not once. For 4 years.

There was even a time during my Senior year when my family decided to take a trip to Hawaii for a week which could have potentially ruined my 4 years of 100% attendance. So to keep the streak going, I made the choice to attend a seminary class every morning in Honolulu. What an awesome experience that was! But what's more awesome, is the testimony I gained of the importance of seminary and always putting the Lord first in my life.

I think that's why I was so touched by this beautiful story of my friend Sean Kimball and his dedication to the seminary program in Laguna Beach. He too had a difficult choice to make, and he choose the Lord. I hope you'll take a moment to read THIS article on lds.org and watch THIS video of his inspiring story. No regrets!

3 comments:

Kim Messick said...

That is such an awesome video! I hope everyone can feel the spirit that I felt when I watched it!!! Go Sean! You are awesome!

Chandra said...

Wow. That was really inspirational. Thank you for sharing. Love your blog and the creative vibes that stir in me when I read it!

Bracken and Bracken said...

His courage is really admirable!! Thanks to you for setting a good example to me for being such a seminary attendee :)