Sunday, January 9, 2011

{ Maple-Glazed Salmon With Pineapple }

Sunday night I made the yummiest dinner for Matt and I that I just had to share. Not only was it super tasty, but it was super quick and super easy! Sounds like a winner to me! Here's the recipe if you're up to try it...

Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 35m

Ingredients:
1 cup white rice
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped

Directions:
1. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2. Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat broiler. Place the salmon in a foil-lined 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Cut the pineapple lengthwise into quarters, then cut each quarter into ½-inch-thick triangles. Scatter the pineapple and jalapeño around the salmon.
5. Brush the salmon with the syrup mixture and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until it flakes easily and is the same color throughout.
6. Serve the salmon and pineapple with the rice and drizzle with the remaining glaze, if desired.

4 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Always looking for new recipes and right now my mouth is totally watering. Wish it was sitting on a plate right now for me to eat up. Totally going to try it and add it to my recipe book slash blog. Thanks!

Kim Messick said...

I'm totally going to try this!!! How easy does that sound?

Daile Wilson said...

yum! Salmon is my favorite! I'll defiantly have to try this out! Thanks for sharing! ps. I really think you should start a floral design class for fun! And if you do i'll be the first one to sign up! :)

Catherine Fishback said...

I recently made this and loved it! I even posted it to my cooking blog (linking back to you). Thanks for sharing!

Catherine

http://mangoesandlemons.blogspot.com/